Sunday, December 02, 2007

Whisper Back-Maddening of a Mailman by Van M Hurley

Today's story, Maddening of a Mailman, marks the return of Van M. Hurley to Whisper Back. If you enjoyed this tale, then be sure to check out Van's first tale on Whisper Back, Lunchtime at Mill Creek Grade. Thank you for another cool story, Van!

If you'd like a chance to have your story featured in a future episode of Whisper Back, paste your short work of horror fiction into an email and send it to letmewhisper@hotmail.com.

And just to recap some comments I made in the outro to today's show, first I want to thank those of you who have submitted stories for your patience while awaiting my response. It might take me a bit to get back to you on the story itself, but if you didn't receive an email within a few days to let you know I received the story, then I most likely never received your email- So please try again!
Second, I really want to express my gratitude to those of you who have submitted stories that I chose not to include on the show. I know it's tough to step out on a limb like that, and it really makes me incredibly happy to be able to say that you guys have been nothing but cool! Many, many thanks for that.

I hope you'll leave your thoughts and suggestions about the show through the comments section right under the player below. Thanks for your continued support!





3 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Very nice! Having been a mail carrier at one point myself, I could relate to the disgruntlement of the character. The chronic pain, the stress, it can really make you want to run into the woods. Then again, the woods might make you want to run back to the endless stream of mail.

I think I'm going to go write some city-based short stories now.

11:00 PM, December 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations for the great story. Somehow, it reminded me of Stephen King.

I hope you could write us more of these, Hurley!

Antonio
Lisbon, Portugal

8:18 AM, December 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I just found your story over at podiobooks. Thanks for making my soul sucking job a little more bearable.

tanya

1:30 PM, December 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home