Sunday, October 14, 2007

Whisper Back - Green Eyes and Chilidogs by Kevin Anderson

Our story today is Green Eyes and Chilidogs by Kevin Anderson. Kevin's work can be found on podcasts like Pseudopod and Drabblecast, and he has lots of print credits as well. I suggest you visit http://www.kevin-anderson.net to check out his work. Thank you, Kevin, for sharing this really entertaining story with us!

If you'd like to hear your short work of horror fiction on Whisper Back, then just paste it into an email and send it here. I hope to hear from you.

As always, you can have each show automatically downloaded with iTunes or any other podcatcher by using this RSS feed, or you can listen with the player below- whatever is easiest for you. Thank you for listening, and please let me know what you thought of this episode through the comments below!






7 Comments:

Blogger Paul W Campbell said...

Great story. Loved the characters. Do you know if Kevin wrote any more stories with them?

10:07 AM, October 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Paul

I'm glad you liked the story. It's one of my favorites. And yes, Dale and Earl appear in several other stories of mine. They are my reluctant heroes, who don't always save everybody, but get the job done.

I got the idea to create them from one of my favorite movies - John Carpenter's "Big Trouble in Little China"

Peace and Creativity
Kevin Anderson
www.kevin-anderson.net

10:40 AM, October 17, 2007  
Blogger rlburt said...

Thanks for the reply, Kevin! And I'll bet that all you long time CLMW listeners will appreciate how hard it was for me not to break into the voices of Chris and Tommy when I read this one :-)
Russell

5:58 PM, October 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Kevin for the great story and characters. I can see you're an experienced author.

And thanks to Russel for the exciting - as usual - narrative.

Antonio

Lisbon, Portugal

2:36 PM, October 18, 2007  
Blogger KnitWitch said...

Well told story, Kevin. I enjoyed Earl and Dale and would love to hear another story with these crafty truckers.

12:45 PM, October 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you knitwitch

I'll send another Dale and Earl yarn to Mr. Burt in a week or so. But its up to him to see if their next adventure makes the grade.

Peace and Creativity
Kevin Anderson
KevWasHere@aol.com
www.kevin-anderson.net

11:00 AM, November 02, 2007  
Blogger Chris said...

Trucker vampire hunters of a sort, loved it. The role reversal was nice, usually people think of truckers as being the creeps of a story.

I agree with some of the other commenter's, Dale and Earl could definitely be recurring characters.

1:33 AM, November 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home