Sunday, August 19, 2007

Episode 49: Target Practice

Today I present the story Target Practice. If you enjoyed my novel REVELATIONS then I think you'll appreciate this one!

Our intro reading today comes from Amory Lowe of The Great Beyond podcast. Call me greedy but, yay, more storytelling to be had on the interwebs! Thank you Amory!

In the outro today I mentioned that I thought it would be cool if we could fill the weekends that are usually devoid of horror fiction-y goodness with YOUR stories! So, if you write horror fiction and would like to have a go at the CLMW audience, send me an email with the text of your story pasted into the body, or point me to where you've already posted your work on the web. Here are a couple of guidelines:

A) The story must be within the broad "horror" genre.
B) The story must be your own creation. Please don't get me sued.

Other than that, have at it!

Thank you all for taking the time to check out my work, and especially for continuing to spread the word about the show!

Web Player for this episode:

8 Comments:

Blogger LadyWyllow said...

Ok once again, great story!! I especially dig the genre of occult themes, myself.

I also want to say that I too find myself checking back way too soon in hopes you have posted the newest story a tad early..to no avail. Please anyone out there with a story give it to him!! We can no longer sit wanting and waiting, thats the true horror, lol.

One more thing and I'll shut up, I wonder if that was the same book Chris and Tommy read from? Hmm.....Keep em comin'!

10:53 PM, August 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man the old ones. This was a pip. I love incantations and open doors to the beyond. Nice one Russel.

An off week's show with tales from listeners sounds like fun.

I'm ready for more Chris and Tommy...I know they died but that condition doesn't seem to stop many of your characters...what are they up to on the other side?

Cheers
Al Saiz

12:25 AM, August 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That was fabulous! I was hoping to see Jaime sometime. Think you'll bring back the other characters? David? Wanda? Professor?? ^w^

I love your idea of having off week shows. It gives me a reason to get back in my writing. *goes off to write*

11:04 AM, August 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Russel - I managed to visualize that unusual Lovecraftian scenario perfectly. Somehow, War of the Worlds images also infiltrated my brain while listening to this terrifying story.
I wish this could have been a two episode story.

Antonio

4:49 PM, August 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been listening to the show for a while, but never really got around to leaving you a comment or anything. I love your voice and dedication! You have a fan in Colorado. My favourite so far is Gertie's Family. I look forward to submitting an intro to you soon!

Xs and Os
Lexicon

8:54 PM, August 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Russell,

Really chuffed that you have finally added a donation button - I had to search for it though, so come on! Make it more prominent :-)

This week's story was captivating as always - thank you!

Best wishes

Suzanne
Innsbruck, Austria/ Jhb, South Africa

12:04 PM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger KnitWitch said...

Thanks for bringing Jaime back for a visit - with the way you ended it, it seems like you could come back to this plot line to continue the story at some point... Just a thought.

I'm looking forward to the Whisper Back episodes!

1:20 PM, August 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug Russell. Love the episode, by the way. It's great to see the Doc again.

5:03 PM, September 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home