Saturday, May 26, 2007

Episode 43: Breaking In

WARNING: Breaking In is intended for a mature audience, one who has the stomach to withstand a bit of gore, I might add. So, if that's not your cup of tea, you might want to skip this one. That's the advantage of short fiction, right? There will always be another story that might suit your tastes better...

Our intro today was provided by John Neuman of the Dark Rose Fiction Podcast. He is a talented young writer who has, frankly, impressed the hell out of me. I hope you'll check out his work and let him know what you think. Thank you, John!

I also mention, in this episode, that some of the inspiration for this story came from Taylor Kent of the Snark Infested Waters podcast.

Finally, I ended this episode with a question: Did this story have a happy ending? If you'd like to share your opinion on that question or on anything else for that matter, please feel free to do so through the comments below.

Here's the Web Player so that you can listen right from this site if you choose:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russell, this has to be the weirdest thing you've ever written. But you know what? It was hilarious in that sick way that only horror movie geeks can know.

I thought it was a great twist on the whole zombie thing. I've got my friend Annie and my boyfriend listening and they joke about my new pen-name [Zombie Panda]

I think I'll go back to S.A thanks. ^^''b

BTW, I think it was a happy ending. The clueless zombie got laid and he got a definite part. It's a win-win for all involved I guess! Great story keep it up!

S.A: The artist formely known as Zombie Panda

8:36 PM, May 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Mr. Burt,

Now I have second thoughts every time I make a grab for a tit!

Oddly enough I enjoyed the perverse happy ending.

Good One...again...!

4:16 PM, May 27, 2007  
Blogger John Neuman said...

Wow Russ. Thanks for the publicity! >sniff< I think I'm gonna cry...nah, never mind. This story was interesting. I always wondered how you really became a zombie...

11:30 AM, May 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is my favorite to date!

Finally, you do the Zombie Story!!!11elventyone! Can't believe that I waited almost until Friday to finally get around to checking it out. Wonderful!

The same creepy eroticism we herd with Gertie's family, except much darker and much deeper(LOLOL)...

The thing is, what male hasn't, at some point, in masculine pride, asked, "did I just rearrange something?"

I wouldn't be surprised if a few females had wondered if they'd reshaped things, either.

Keep up the good work. Don't be afraid to do your own takes on traditional horror motifs!

-cg

12:09 AM, June 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for eliminating my sex life for the next month, Russel!

Benny
Lisbon, Portugal

3:22 PM, June 07, 2007  
Blogger DAVe said...

That was messed up. Good! But messed up.

11:28 PM, June 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home