Saturday, March 03, 2007

Episode 38: Garbage Day

Today I present a very brief story called Garbage Day. Though there is no adult content whatsoever, I feel some of you may find it rather disturbing... I know I did.

Our intro today came from Taylor Kent of the Snark Infested Waters podcast. As noted in the blog post below, I had the extreme pleasure of appearing on Taylor's show a couple of weeks ago. Taylor's knowledge of the horror genre was impressive, and I've got to tell you he really GOT Revelations, and it really showed in the interview. I hope you'll check out the interview here.

In the outro of the show (which I'm beginning to think I should script instead of attempting to deliver off the cuff- sheesh, what a mess), after gushing for a while about how insanely cool you guys are, I mentioned a couple of things.

First, that I don't immediately accept every friend request I get on MySpace. So, please, if you are a listener to the show and I missed you, be sure to send me a message or a comment so that I can correct the oversight. And here's the link to horror author Stuart Neild, who's encouragement I have found so gratifying. Stuart, I am humbled.

Second, I announced that the e-book version of REVELATIONS is now free to download. I hope you'll share it with any horror fans you might know who don't listen to podcasts- and be sure to point out that the book is dedicated to YOU! I've added a permanent link to the REVELATIONS download on the right side of the page.

Once more I must thank you all for listening, and for continuing to encourage me to produce CLMW.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, you are going to have to give us the long version of that tale. I know it won't let me sleep tonight going through all the possibilities.
Once again, you got me good!

6:13 PM, March 03, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've listened to your podcast since the very beginning and have loved your episodes (and Revelations). Garbage Day is definitely one of the best - interesting, suspenseful, taut, very clever.

7:44 AM, March 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that guy's really throwing his life away...

+CG

2:59 AM, March 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazies...can't live with them, can't let them have your trash.

Next story will be of him falling through a trash world. A mix of Butterfly Lady from Phil Rossi and The Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock

Laieanna
Come listen to my silly podcast at
www.hodgepodgepoint.libsyn.com
And/or be my friend at
www.myspace.com/laieanna

12:59 PM, March 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was awesome! I got my friend to listen to your podcast, she's hooked. I did have to explain this one though. I thought it was great!
Keep up the good work!

Your loyal fan,
S.A

11:22 PM, March 06, 2007  
Blogger Token T said...

Man...talk about creepy. This story goes up there with "The Giver." Also, it's sweet you're offering "Revelations" for free. I LOVE that story!

11:31 PM, March 06, 2007  
Blogger rlburt said...

Thanks for all the super kind words, everybody, y'all are too cool.

And S.A., thanks for finding me another victim... er, I mean listener...

Russell

5:24 PM, March 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russell:

I've been listening for a few months now and really dig your work. Thank you for putting this great material out here for us all.

Keep it up, brother.

Robert S.
Chicago

6:46 PM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi, ive been listening to your podcast since the begining and I just wanted to thank you for writing your stories and doing your podcast- the stories are great and I love hearing you and your wife read them, your voices are great to listen to.
Thanks!

12:28 AM, March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home