Sunday, February 18, 2007

Episode 37: Sedation

Today I present a southern-fried tale called Sedation. Much love goes out to Kelly for her wonderful performance of this piece!

Gotta share the love, too, with the percussion ensemble from North Carolina who performed the intro poem. Man, that was just beyond cool! Thank you, Dave, for hitting me with that joint. I promise I will never tell another "drummer" joke again. Well, for a week at least. Unless I hear a really good one.

After the story in this show, I mentioned that Kelly and I appeared in the latest episode of Barfly, in a story called "I Never" by Will Ross. I posted about it here last week, so you can scroll down the page a bit to find out a little more. I really hope you'll check it out.

Finally, I gave a well deserved nod to Phil Rossi for becoming Grand Poobah of the first season of the Pickle Tales storytelling competition presented by Podcast Pickle. I didn't participate, but I sure enjoyed listening.

I think that covers everything. Thanks, everyone, for listening. See you soon!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great excuse to keep my bottle of Jack Daniel's handy. Kelly did an awesome job. What's scariest is that you left the full explanation of what "they" were to the listeners imaginations. Great one!

12:38 AM, February 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one was pretty good. Kelly did a great job narrating.

What's scarrier than people quitting cold turkey is AA. Those meetings defy the strength of the human spirit in favor of servitude.

2:01 AM, February 20, 2007  
Blogger Interesting Trees said...

Thank you both! I really enjoyed taking over CLMW this week. It's was a great story to read. - Kelly

6:03 PM, February 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, one time I locked someone in a closet in one of my stories. Course the reasons were completely different.

Kelly, you did a fantastic job. I love hearing you read the stories. I'm going to throw out girl power here and say you might just be better than Russell. Muhahahaha

Laieanna
www.hodgepodgepoint.libsyn.com

7:35 PM, February 27, 2007  
Blogger Interesting Trees said...

Thank you, Laieanna! You're right, us girl must stick together and I'm much better than Russell...(Muhahahahaha) -BUT he CAN write and I personally love to hear him read. I really enjoyed reading this story. It was GREAT!

8:56 PM, February 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russ,
You're very welcome for the intro. I want to thank you for the story!! As a former Chattanoogan, the dialect in "Sedation," was just the best. And, hearing Kelly read it was like coming home.

Cheers,
Dave

7:52 PM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger Phil Rossi said...

That wasn't just a little creepy. I'm on my way to the package store right now. :)

3:11 PM, March 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home