Sunday, August 05, 2007

Episode 48: The Lesson

WARNING: The Lesson contains graphic violence and sexual situations. This story is not for everyone. That is because it is the third in the listener suggested stories series, which makes it a PSYCHOPATH story!

Our intro performance today comes from Jim of SmallPlaces.org. Thank you, Jim! I mean for the intro of course, not for reminding me how under-traveled I am :-)

And in the outro I mention something really cool that Knitwitch of Knitwitch's Sci-fi/Fantasy Zone has done. She turned the piano part from CLMW into a free ringtone for your cell phone! Thank you, Knitwitch!

If you were brave enough to listen to this one, I hope you enjoyed it! Feel free to let me know what you thought through the comments below- I love reading them, and as you may have realized, they certainly help shape the show.

Webplayer for this episode:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa...*Sniffles* I don't know if I'm just a crazy horror chick but that was awesome.

It went in so many different directions though! First I thought Hitcher, then I'm guessing House of a 1000 corpses and then you go all cannibalist on me. Oh well, the horror greats would be happy. I know I am! ^w^

9:11 PM, August 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was expecting one psychopath but it would Good CLMW without the twist of Burt.


I have an idea,I'll like to see(or hear) if you could write the story?
There is a favorit Irish Drinking song of mine call Whisky, You the Devil. Its about how drink had fuel war in day past. Here is a url to lyrcis of the song( http://www.pogues.com/Releases/Lyrics/Singles/BrownEyes/Whiskey.html )


Shaken, not stirred
Ian

Oh, Whiskey, you're the devil, you're leadin' me astray
Over hills and mountains and to Americae
You're sweeter, stronger, decenter, you're spunkier than tae
O whiskey, you're my darlin' drunk or sober

10:57 AM, August 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russel, It's time to pack up, get your family, catch a plane and come over to Europe for some fine holidays. I mean it.

You need it! I surely need it too after listening to this twisted, sickening ending! Congratulations, Russel!

Benny
Lisbon, Portugal

4:36 PM, August 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, this one was awesome! Not just an awesome story but awesome in a serial-broadcast-working-your-audience sort of way. I loved how you kept us on pins and needles (an interesting idea for a future story perhaps?) about the identity of the psycho. Keep up the good work!

9:28 AM, August 09, 2007  
Blogger Cape Ann Auction said...

Wow, Russell! Great job. One of my favorites! The way you got into the details of the hitch hiking trek set the tone of total believability from the start. A great story,...although I may become a vegetarian after listening to it!

10:44 AM, August 09, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Russell,

I've been listening to your podcast since episode 7 and I can honestly say that I think this is your best story to date! Incredible job!

9:47 AM, August 10, 2007  
Blogger KnitWitch said...

This story definitely has one of your classic "Oh-shit-didn't-see-that-coming" moments that I love! You are a making your mark as a brilliant storyteller - keep up the great work!

4:33 PM, August 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I was blown away by this episode. Loved it!! I was absolutely not expecting the twist at the end. Definately an "Oh, shit" moment.

9:31 AM, August 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home